Northern Prairie Human Services

407 Main Street South, Room 106
Towner, ND 58788





Northern Prairie Human Service Zone provides eligibility programs for economic assistance, child welfare services and programs for the elderly and disabled

The role of Northern Prairie Human Service Zone for eligibility programs is to determine eligibility for financial assistance to low income individuals and families, including eligibility for food stamps, fuel assistance, temporary assistance to needy families, child care assistance and Medicaid programs.

Child welfare programs include: child protection, case management, foster care for children, foster care licensing of homes, parent aide services, childcare licensing, children’s special health services and referral services.

The adult services include: case management (assessment, developing a care plan, authorizing and monitoring in-home services) for clients that are elderly and/or disabled.

Non-Discrimination to Client/Recipients Policy:

This institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex and in some cases religion or political beliefs.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture also prohibits discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027), found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

                   Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

                   1400 Independence Avenue, SW

                   Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

  1. fax: (202) 690-7442; or
  2. email:

For any other information dealing with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) issues, persons should either contact the USDA SNAP Hotline Number at (800) 221-5689, which is also in Spanish or call the State Information/Hotline Numbers (click the link for a listing of hotline numbers by State); found online at:

To file a complaint of discrimination regarding a program receiving Federal financial assistance through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), write: HHS Director, Office for Civil Rights, Room 515-F, 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201 or call (202) 619-0403 (voice) or (800) 537-7697 (TTY).

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


                      Apply for Help (


Click on the link above for service and program information.



More Information